Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Black Ties....or just.......Plum Crazy

Wow RTP, this is about life here and what you make of it. It is utterly amazing how many events have popped up in the three years since I graduated from college and returned to my hometown. I remember when the only place to really club was Black Ties and I think Plum Crazy, but don’t quote me on that. There is so much to do in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area, it blows me away. So, we now have a choice…? Maybe not every night of the week but at least from Thursday to Saturday there are consistent spots. I am a young professional, teacher, by day and professional partier by night (or so I’d like to think!) I believe that you should enjoy life and sitting at home on the weekends doesn’t do it for me. Since moving back here from Virginia, I have progressed from the Chapel Hill college town parties to the professional parties thrown in the Raleigh-Durham area. Plus there are more men in Raleigh than Chapel Hill it’s a proven fact! I am that friend that could tell you where to go almost every night of the week depending on what you are in the mood for. I will keep you updated on what spots are hot and why. My tastes are diverse from the “white” bars with DJs like Bogarts or to tha’ hood parties like Club Fiesta. Of course I have an opinion about everything but I am very invested in supporting my fellow African Americans in their financial endeavors. A lot of us are throwing parties as a side hustle or supplementary income because of the amount of money you can make from parties. Plus it’s a great way to network. All I’ll say for now is live life to the fullest, do it in your own way, be young, and have fun. I can tell you what’s good in your hood and why!

No comments: